2012-12-13 Guitar Building

Last night after Charlene and I got home from square dancing, Daniel and I went out to the shop, unclamped the glue-up of the body.

  While Daniel planed the glued-up body parts, I routed the peg-head flush to the neck and finished out the truss rod channel through the peg head.

    Then Daniel cut the body Domino slots, while I drilled out the electronics channel through the body. I was particularly pleased that I managed to nail the diagonal cut from either end with an ¼" bit that I then drilled progressively wider to give us a ½" channel all the way through.


Then we did a dry fit, and a glue-up.

Category: Dan Lyke life Category: Woodworking Category: Guitar Building